Monday, December 26, 2011

Awwww....puppies!!

Okay, I've had a thing for puppies lately. They are just sooo cute! But this is incredibly out of character, as I don't want a puppy, I couldn't stand to have a puppy, and my kids are way too young to take care of a puppy. It even makes me cringe to think about a puppy in my house chewing everything and peeing everywhere. We don't have dogs in the house now, because of a very bad flea infestation in our old house, and I kicked out the one dog we did have at the time because the DH didn't take care of his own dog. I often joke that I had better stick around til the kids are grown, otherwise the kids may never see the doc! He just hates making his dogs do anything that they don't want to do, as he has no immunity to puppy eyes.

Soo...why the sudden puppy craze? It may be that we've had two puppies in the last week come in the shop. A little German shorthair and some other type that I don't remember. The little shorthair got to run around, and it was just so cute, wandering under cabinets and looking at everything through its little puppy eyes. The other puppy was in here for just a short time, but it was still cute.

Maybe it's because I know eventually, we'll have to get a puppy to replace our ancient dogs. Maybe it's a baby longing thing, because I can't have anymore because of health problems, and I'm transferring the desire to something I can have when I'm ready.

Or maybe it's just that puppies are damn cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment